I was working on creating a new recipe for a special bath foam. After weighing, mixing, and making three test batches, I put my special mixture in plastic 2oz jars, and did the usual marking and dating of the containers. I then put them aside to check in a week. I cleaned up, put everything away, and closed up the lab so I could sit down with some peanut M&Ms and watch some American Idol.
Suddenly, as Phillip Phillips is crooning away and I am drowning in my peanutty chocolaty goodness, I heard a gunshot! I think I probably said,
I ran for it. I had pictures in my head of a scene from the Brady Bunch where their washer exploded foam all over their house. Ok, so I'm dramatic. I realize 6 oz of a test batch wouldn't do that...but still. Anyway, as I entered the lab...BAM! The last one popped it's top. Yep. That's what that sound was. The tops popping off the jars and hitting the ceiling.
So, my test batches blew their tops, kinda like me. Art imitates life in my house apparently. Luckily there was no mess, and ultimately it really wasn't a huge deal. But it's back to the drawing board on these suckers. Just sayin'--THIS is the reason we test every product for a long period of time before we put it on the market!!
I hope everyone else was able to enjoy the finale of American Idol in peace!!